A decade back, smartphone apps were rare for any business. However, as time and technology progressed, people have understood the convenience of availing of services via on-demand apps. The Uberization of businesses was inevitable, and sectors from food delivery to home services have transformed online. According to a recent study, an average smartphone user has 60-90 apps installed on their phones. While gaining a place on customers’ smartphones is in itself a mammoth task, making people use the app on a daily basis becomes another Himalayan achievement. And here’s another interesting fact, of the 60-90 apps, people use only 8-9 apps daily.
With the competition for on-demand apps mounting, the need to deliver the best has propelled entrepreneurs to come up with out-of-the-box ideas. One such idea that has gained massive reception among the audience is culminating multiple services under one roof – the Super app strategy. Super apps aren’t an entirely new concept as there are numerous apps like Gojek, Grab, etc., that have successfully implemented this strategy throughout the world.
Are you an entrepreneur who aspires to build a multi-service app empire like Gojek? If so, this blog provides you with compelling reasons to assure your investment in the sector. Besides, the blog sheds light on the development aspects and features to integrate into the application.
The Super App Wave!
Gojek in Indonesia, WeChat in China, and Paytm in India are examples of the fact that the Super app wave is transcending boundaries rapidly. Let’s look at some key collaborations that signify the rise and growth of Super apps in different distinctive regions of the world.
- Initially founded as a payment app, Paytm has gradually transformed into a Super app, acting as a centralized hub for e-commerce, delivery, etc.
- What started as a ride-hailing platform with Gojek later paved the way for a Super app with extensive in-app payments. Today, Gojek houses 2 million drivers and 29.2 million daily active users in Indonesia.
- Meituan, the Chinese-based delivery platform, has aggregated numerous services under one roof, witnessing a 26% increase in YoY (Year over Year) growth. With 412 million active users, Meituan-Dianping is emerging as the disruptive force in the Chinese market.
- Tech giants like Facebook, WhatsApp, Uber, etc., are all trying to leverage the Super app strategy. The fact that WhatsApp has introduced payments, and Facebook has initiated the ‘marketplace’ concept is a concrete example of the same.
- Amid the COVID-19 pandemic, platforms like Swiggy, Zomato catered to multiple delivery needs of people, including food, grocery, medicine, etc., showing signs of a possible Super app transformation.
Thus it is clear that businesses are adapting to the Super app trend, and it is only a matter of time until multi-service apps become inevitable.
Irresistible Benefits To The Entire Ecosystem!
Now, what benefits do these Super apps possess? Any platform without exclusive benefits cannot find itself sustaining in a highly competitive environment. Here are some perks of multi-service apps to the community.
- The ultimate convenience: Users needn’t switch between different apps to avail of multiple services. With a multi-service app, they can access various services under one roof, paving the way for maximum convenience. Besides, they get to have complete command over different orders effortlessly.
- Better poised to succeed: According to a recent survey by Comscore, 65% of Americans (respondents) haven’t downloaded a single app in 3 months. With people spoilt for choices regarding apps and services, only the best gets to survive and succeed. Rolling out an app with multiple services has better chances of success than a single service-specific app.
- Enhanced revenue from numerous sources: When it comes to Super apps, revenue amplifies instantly as one generates income for different services from a variety of sources. This way, an entrepreneur gets to boost the ROI significantly in no time.
- The massive customer base for service providers: Service providers signing up with the platform has access to an enormous network of customers. This way, they get to boost their visibility and hence experience a surge in sales.
- Save phone storage: Having a mammoth 60-90 apps installed in smartphones lead to deterioration in phone storage and speed. A Gojek like super app can encompass 50+ services seamlessly, eliminating the need to install so many apps or experience any decline in performance.
- Personalized customer experience: Leveraging AI in a Super app can do wonders as the Super app provides crucial information on customer preferences. This way, by providing personalized suggestions to users based on their search & order history, customer convenience & satisfaction goes through the ceiling.
Popular Development Techniques
Developing a Super app like Gojek or Grab is no easy feat. One needs to meticulously load the app with cutting-edge features, work extensively on the platform’s back-end, and ensure that the design is informative and user-friendly. Some of the popular ways of developing a multi-service app include,
- Developing an app from scratch: This conventional approach requires a hefty budget and consumes time to develop an app. Entrepreneurs can reach out to app development companies or freelance developers in this method.
- Customizing readymade clone apps: This emerging technique enables entrepreneurs to venture into the segment right away. Entrepreneurs can customize the Gojek clone app that is budget-friendly and highly scalable.
Ultra-modern Features For Instant Traction
While developing an app is more comfortable due to the emergence of clone app solutions, attaining success invariably depends on the platform’s features & performance. Here are some unique features worth-integrating into your multi-service app.
- In-app wallet
- Call Masking
- Corporate trips
- Live chat with the support team
- Real-time Analytics
- Ordering via SMS
- Ordering via KIOSK
- Multilingual support
- Multi-currency support
- OTP Verification
- Fleet Management
The market for Super apps forecasts unprecedented growth in upcoming years. With even tech giants aiming to transform into the Super app model, do not miss out on this lucrative business opportunity. An entrepreneur’s ideas, coupled with the resources of the right app development company, can do wonders. Initiate your multi-service super app development today, and emerge as the next big thing in the on-demand sector.