The procedure to uninstall Avast Antivirus is quite complicated. You can not remove this software from the control panel. In this article, you will learn how to uninstall the Avast Antivirus Software completely.
Avast Antivirus Software is an exceptional tool that protects your system from malicious activities. It provides computer safety, browser safety, firewall, anti-phishing, anti-spam, etc. Also, this software is available in both free and paid versions. No doubt that it is a must-have tool for everyone using a computer. But, it has some limitations too.
Limitations of Avast Antivirus
Avast antivirus though one of the best tools but has some vulnerabilities too that lead you to uninstall Avast. Some of the significant limitations are listed below.
- Avast Antivirus consumes high disk space while operating. It can slow down the functioning of your system. You may be unable to load various applications.
- Most of the users face software crashing or system freezing issues. They are unable to perform any operation on their computer due to Avast antivirus.
- Avast antivirus software has a maximum detection rate of around 65-75%. It means 25-35% of harmful files remain undetected.
If you want to uninstall the software, you can not do so through the control panel. You have to perform various steps to remove this software.
How to Uninstall Avast Windows 10
You can not directly uninstall Avast Free Antivirus. This antivirus software has a feature to block uninstallation. So first, you will have to turn off the self-defense mode.
Steps to Disable Avast Self-Defence Mode
- Run the Avast Antivirus Software and click on the Menu button in the top right.
- Then, choose the Settings option from the list, and a new window will open.
- Select the General tab from the left navigation pane.
- After that, click on the troubleshooting option from the sub-menu.
The Enable Self-Defence feature is set to Turn-On by default. Tap to turn-off.
- Next, a confirmation pop-up will appear on the screen. Tap OK to confirm.
- Finally, the Self-Defense mode has turned off.
After successfully disabling the Self-Defense feature, Now you will be able to remove the software easily.
2. Steps to Uninstall the Avast
- First, click on the start button and select the Control Panel.
- After that, choose the Programs option in the control panel
- Select Uninstall a Program below the Program and Features.
- Choose the Avast Antivirus software and click Uninstall.
- It will open Avast’s Configuration screen, tap the Uninstall button on the window.
- Next, you will see a confirmation message on the screen. Press the Yes button.
- Then, the uninstallation process will begin. It will take a few minutes. All the files created by the Avast Antivirus software will get deleted during uninstallation.
- After finishing the uninstallation, a prompt will appear asking to restart the system. Press on the Restart button.
As the system restarts, the uninstallation of Avast Antivirus will get completed.
How to Use Avast Uninstall Utility
Furthermore, there is another way to delete Avast Antivirus. You can use Avast Clear. It is an Avast remover that removes the Avast Antivirus Software and its related files from the system. You don’t need to open the control panel and remove the software. You can uninstall avast in a few steps using the Avast uninstall tool.
- Go to the official website of Avast and download the avastclear.exe.
- Install the software and run as administrator.
- As the software starts, you will see the following options.
- Installation program directory
- Installation data directory
- The version of the Antivirus
- If you don’t know the correct details, leave them unchanged.
- Then, click on the Uninstall button to start the software removal process.
- Wait for a while and restart the system.
- Finally, the Avast Antivirus Software has been uninstalled successfully
Avast Security Uninstall Mac Guide
- Click on Go in the menu bar and select Application.
- Double-click on the Avast icon to open the software.
- Next, Click the Avast option in the menu bar.
- Select Uninstall Avast Security option from the list.
- A confirmation page will appear. Tap the Confirm button.
- If required, enter the administrator Username and Password.
- Then, click OK to uninstall the Avast application.
- At last, click Quit to close the pop-up page. The software has been uninstalled.
Avast Antivirus software is a useful tool when it comes to removing harmful files. It keeps the system in a healthy state. But if you want to uninstall avast, you can not uninstall the software using the control panel. The procedure to remove the antivirus utility has two stages. First, disable the Self-Defence mode in the software, then uninstall it from the control panel. Another way to delete the antivirus software is through avastclear.exe. It is software designed by Avast to delete its Antivirus tool from a system.