As most PC users know, Avast is one of the useful free antivirus programs for Windows. Though it is useful software, in some cases, it can interfere with some other programs in your windows. It can even be downloaded as a bunch without the necessity for it. Whatever could be the reason. We like to proceed with useful tips on how to uninstall Avast leaving no residues.
The procedure to uninstall Avast Antivirus is quite complicated. You can not remove this software from the control panel. In this article, you will learn how to uninstall the Avast Antivirus Software completely. Avast Antivirus Software is an exceptional tool that protects your system from malicious activities. It provides computer safety, browser safety, firewall, anti-phishing, anti-spam, etc. Also, this software is available in both free and paid versions. No doubt that it is a must-have tool for everyone using a computer. But, it has some limitations too.
arty software. Removing Avast products by yourself is reliable. Uninstallers such as Wise, Geek, Rivo, and other good uninstallers, offer clarity and competent cleanout. We’re going to explain the steps one has to take to uninstall Avast. Moreover, it is worth knowing that the uninstalling method is similar for Windows 10, 8, and 7.
Limitations of Avast Antivirus
Avast antivirus though one of the best tools but has some vulnerabilities too that lead you to uninstall Avast. Some of the significant limitations are listed below.
- Avast Antivirus consumes high disk space while operating. It can slow down the functioning of your system. You may be unable to load various applications.
- Most of the users face software crashing or system freezing issues. They are unable to perform any operation on their computer due to Avast antivirus.
- Avast antivirus software has a maximum detection rate of around 65-75%. It means 25-35% of harmful files remain undetected.
If you want to uninstall the software, you can not do so through the control panel. You have to perform various steps to remove this software.
Before you start, we suggest stopping all the applications and any other antivirus on your PC. Let’s see which way is suitable for you.
How to Uninstall Avast Windows 10
You can not directly uninstall Avast Free Antivirus. This antivirus software has a feature to block uninstallation. So first, you will have to turn off the self-defense mode.
Steps to Disable Avast Self-Defence Mode
- Run the Avast Antivirus Software and click on the Menu button in the top right.
- Then, choose the Settings option from the list, and a new window will open.
- Select the General tab from the left navigation pane.
- After that, click on the troubleshooting option from the sub-menu.
The Enable Self-Defence feature is set to Turn-On by default. Tap to turn-off.
- Next, a confirmation pop-up will appear on the screen. Tap OK to confirm.
- Finally, the Self-Defense mode has turned off.
After successfully disabling the Self-Defense feature, Now you will be able to remove the software easily.
2. Steps to Uninstall the Avast
- First, click on the start button and select the Control Panel.
- After that, choose the Programs option in the control panel
- Select Uninstall a Program below the Program and Features.
- Choose the Avast Antivirus software and click Uninstall.
- It will open Avast’s Configuration screen, tap the Uninstall button on the window.
- Next, you will see a confirmation message on the screen. Press the Yes button.
- Then, the uninstallation process will begin. It will take a few minutes. All the files created by the Avast Antivirus software will get deleted during uninstallation.
- After finishing the uninstallation, a prompt will appear asking to restart the system. Press on the Restart button.
As the system restarts, the uninstallation of Avast Antivirus will get completed.
How to Uninstall Avast Antivirus in Windows 10
Step 1: Firstly, open the Avast program on your computer, click the Menu button at the user interface. Now in the drop-down menu go setting.
Step 2: Select the General tab in the settings window, and then select the troubleshooting tab from the sub-menu. Turn off the Self-Defense mode by deselecting the checkbox.
Step 3: When a warning message comes up about the trial to disable the Avast self-defense module, click OK. Now close the Avast antivirus.
Step 4: Then go to the Control Panel. Go to the program and select Programs.
Step 5: In the Features and Programs window, search and select the Avast application. Then the Uninstall option will appear. It would help if you chose to start the uninstall process.
Step 6:The configuration screen will ask you to confirm the action. Press it. The procedure starts, and it can take some time, as it will remove all of the Avast files distributed in the whole system.
Step 7:As the procedure completes, Avast Setup will ask you to restart your PC.
It was the first and the most convenient method to delete Avast antivirus and its elements. There are other alternatives at hand. If this way looks complicated or you prefer to do it faster. There is Avast clear, a particular utility to remove Avast applications correctly.
How to Use Avast Uninstall Utility
Furthermore, there is another way to delete Avast Antivirus. You can use Avast Clear. It is an Avast remover that removes the Avast Antivirus Software and its related files from the system. You don’t need to open the control panel and remove the software. You can uninstall avast in a few steps using the Avast uninstall tool.
- Go to the official website of Avast and download the avastclear.exe.
- Install the software and run as administrator.
- As the software starts, you will see the following options.
- Installation program directory
- Installation data directory
- The version of the Antivirus
- If you don’t know the correct details, leave them unchanged.
- Then, click on the Uninstall button to start the software removal process.
- Wait for a while and restart the system.
- Finally, the Avast Antivirus Software has been uninstalled successfully
How to Use Avast Uninstall Utility?
Step 1: gram Go to the official website of Avast and install avastclear.exe. Now, open it by selecting the “Run as administrator” option.
Step 2: Remember to start Windows in Safe Mode. Now run the utility, specify Avast program files’ location in the next window, or if it’s right, leave it to default. After this, click Uninstall.
Step 3: Please wait till the procedure completes. It might take a few minutes. The final step is to restart a PC.
For uninstalling Avast, you can also go for 3rd party programs that are made for such work. These are some 3rd party programs used for uninstalling Avast.
- IObit Uninstaller
There are a lot more. But we have mentioned only a few of them there. We’ll explain the first of these here.
Avast Security Uninstall on Mac PC – Computer Guide
- Click on Go in the menu bar and select Application.
- Double-click on the Avast icon to open the software.
- Next, Click the Avast option in the menu bar.
- Select Uninstall Avast Security option from the list.
- A confirmation page will appear. Tap the Confirm button.
- If required, enter the administrator Username and Password.
- Then, click OK to uninstall the Avast application.
- At last, click Quit to close the pop-up page. The software has been uninstalled.
Uninstalling Avast With CCleaner
Click on the Tools column, go through the list for what you require to remove. Select Avast antivirus or any other Avast application.
Then click on the Uninstall button present on the right. Avast configuration screen will come, asking to confirm your action and begin uninstalling Avast.
Wait till the process finishes and restart your computer as Avast Setup suggests.
Now, again run the CCleaner utility, click on the Registry section. Select the button for the “Scan for Issues” and then “Fix selected Issues.”
Remember, do not keep backup copies of registry changes you did. And that’s it. Now you have uninstalled Avast. Close CCleaner.
Uninstalling Avast With IObit
If you’ve never experienced using IObit Uninstaller, download the updated version from their official site. Start it, go to All Programs, search Avast Free Antivirus, choose it, and click on Uninstall.
In a pop-up wind, confirm your action. The standard Avast deleting process starts. It will take a few minutes, so wait for a little.
Restart your PC. IObit will ask if you wish to delete the program entirely. Select “Yes” and wait until residual files are deleted completely.
Avast Antivirus software is a useful tool when it comes to removing harmful files. It keeps the system in a healthy state. But if you want to uninstall avast, you can not uninstall the software using the control panel. The procedure to remove the antivirus utility has two stages. First, disable the Self-Defence mode in the software, then uninstall it from the control panel. Another way to delete the antivirus software is through avastclear.exe. It is software designed by Avast to delete its Antivirus tool from a system.
Who doesn’t need free antivirus security like Avast? But if it’s disturbing your valuable applications, you should do something about them. Delete Avast antivirus as soon as you can buy any of these or other useful Avast-removing tools. Deleting Avast antivirus will give you a glitch-free service on your PC. Honestly, there are many different analogs of uninstallers, some are free of cost, and few have to be bought. If you can’t install Avast from one, you can try another one. If you have Windows 10, it has already uploaded many extra files to your device. If that is the case, free Avast service won’t be much useful except preventing a few of your programs. That is why most Windows 10 users want to know how to uninstall Avast antivirus on their devices.