Digital storage devices can store a large amount of data and they have made file transfer, data storage much easier than ever before. But it comes with its drawbacks, sometimes the data is lost due to unknown reasons like corrupted files, malfunctioned hard drive. The data can be restored easily from your computer until it is not re-written.
The data is lost permanently only when you have special deletion tools to clean your PC. The data can be recovered from recycle bin and if it is deleted from recycle bin, data recovery can be achieved by inbuilt programs in the computer or by using any reliable third-party software..
Here are alternate ways by which you can recover your data if it is deleted from the Windows PC.
Recover Deleted files windows 10 using Backup:
- 1 Recover Deleted files windows 10 using Backup:
- 2 Recovery from file History Backup:
- 3 Recovery of deleted file with Command prompt:
- 4 Recover Deleted Files in Windows 10 without Third-Party Software
- 5 Recovery from the previous version:
- 6 Recover deleted files using software:
Usually, the lost data can be recovered easily with the backup plan already available in Windows by using the windows 10 file recovery tool. To get back your permanently deleted data from the computer just simply follow these simple steps:
Recover deleted files windows 10 by windows 10 file recovery tool
- Click on the ‘backup’ option in the start menu.
- Then click on the option” Go to backup and recover file”.
- Click on the backup files you want to recover.
- The system will start recovering data and you can get your lost data back.
Recovery from file History Backup:
The other way to recover deleted data from the PC is to restore the file from the “file history backup”. File History Backup takes care of your data when your data is lost, it stores all the data in multiple folders, you can easily recover your deleted files from here. Make sure this feature is enabled on your PC. If data is lost from your Windows, it is safe in this location. To recover the deleted files, click on the option restore files. Then look for the folders where the data was previously stored. The data will be restored to your PC again. All the data can be recovered from there.
To Recover Deleted Files on Windows 10 for free:
- Open the Start menu.
- Type “restore files” and hit Enter on your keyboard.
- Look for the folder where you deleted files were stored.
- Select the “Restore” button in the middle to undelete Windows 10 files to their original location.
Recovery of deleted file with Command prompt:
Command prompt is one of the most advanced functions of Windows 10. With this feature, you can recover your lost data. If you have accidentally lost your data from the PC, you can recover it from here. The command function can help to recover data from the recycle bin. It can also help to recover virus-infected files or any hidden or disappeared files. However, it’s too complicated for normal users, therefore, most users choose other methods instead.
Recover Deleted Files in Windows 10 without Third-Party Software
Follow these steps to recover deleted files from window 10 – 8 – 7 using command prompt:
- Open the Start menu.
- Type "cmd", right-click on the top match, and select
"Run as administrator"to run the Command Prompt with an administrator privilege.
- Type "chkdsk X: /f" and hit Enter on your keyboard. Replace
"X"with the letter of your hard drive.
- Type "ATTRIB -H -R -S /S /D X:*.*" and hit Enter. Again, replace
"X"with the letter of your hard drive.
Recovery from the previous version:
The other way to recover a permanently deleted file is using the previous version.
- For this purpose click on the file where the data was previously stored.
- Right-click on the folder and click on Properties and then click on previous versions.
- Then click on the option “ Restore” If there is any previous version available it can be recovered from here.
However, some files can’t be recovered by this method. Sometimes the system does not show the lost files. In order to recover these files, you can go for alternate options.
Recover deleted files using software:
The iBoysoft data recovery software is one of the best data recovery software. It can perform the deep scans in the computer to search for the desired file. iBoysoft data recovery software can recover data of any type and supports all file formats. The software can easily be downloaded, install into your device and start scanning for the lost files.
With the free version, you can recover 1GB of data. If the file is greater than 1GB go for the professional version where you can access unlimited data, full-scale data recovery algorithms, and more benefits.
These methods can help to recover the lost data of the user. You can recover data from your PC with or without software. If backup and restore functions do not work, you can install the data recovery software. The best way to protect your data from losing is to have a backup plan. To prevent future loss of data, you can take preventive steps to save your data. If your data is protected and save on your PC, then you should activate backup functions in your PC. So in this case, if your data is lost you can recover it from there.
Frequently Ask Questions:
Can permanently deleted files on Windows 10 be recovered?
Yes, it all depends on how old your file was, if you recently deleted the file, then Most probably you can find your deleted file in your Recycle bin. if you deleted your files a long time ago then we are sorry, that you may not find them in recycle bin.
Is there free data recovery software for Windows 10?
Yes, there are many Free Tools to recover deleted files from windows 10. We have listed deleted file recovery software free download full version below:
1. Disk Drill
4. Windows File Recovery
6. Puran File Recovery (Windows)
7. stellar data recovery for Windows and Mac
8. Recoverit Free Data Recovery (Windows, Mac)
9. TestDisk Data Recovery (Windows & Mac)
10. FreeUndelete (Windows)
11. disk drill data recovery
How can I recover deleted files in Windows 10 without software?
There is a way that we have mentioned by searching in Recycle Bin or by using File History backup feature. This feature can be helpful to recover permanently deleted files by using backup files. This method is only useable if you activated the features befor data loss.
Can I recover a file which was permanently deleted some months ago on Windows 10?
That’s all depends upon one thing, backup feature. if you activated your data backup feature on your windows, than you can recover any file regardless how old it was.