Skype is one effective tool to meet all your calling needs such as audio calling, video calling, or Video Conferencing. Its popularity has increased over time due to its smooth video conference calling feature. There can be times when you cannot conduct a physical business meeting or conference, that time Skype for business can be a savior.
Services provided by Skype
Apart from audio and video calling, Skype offers a number of other services that include:
- Skype Manager- it lets you allocate credits that are used to make non-Skype calls and manage the features that are available for your group.
- Skype with Alexa- use Skype with Alexa
- Meet Now- it lets you quickly create and share meetings. After creating a session, you will get a link to share with the people whom you want to chat with.
Features that make Skype the ideal Business Solution
- It lets you have meetings on the go such as audio, video, and web conferencing. Apart from hosting one in real-time, you can even schedule a meeting in advance.
- You can share PowerPoint presentations with more than one person with HD displays.
- The organizers can get everything recorded on the go such as audio, video, handouts, sharing sessions, IMs, whiteboards, etc.
- It provides several web conferencing tools such as virtual whiteboard, annotations, etc., using which you can create text, ink, and drawings, on a blank canvas.
- Using the Skype Meeting Broadcast, you can broadcast the content of the meeting to more than 10,000 attendees, hence a perfect solution to conduct webinars. You can even post the recorded videos to Office 365.
- You can create a poll to encourage collaboration between the participants and the presenter and make decisions by looking at the responses of the participants.
- You can enjoy a single or conference call with end-to-end encryption without thinking of any unwanted participant seizing your call.
- Using the Translate feature, you can interact with a person with a different language as the app translates the conversation in real-time.
- Skype lets you enhance productivity by letting others see what’s there on your desktop using the screen sharing feature.
- Skype is easy to use for people with hearing impairment as they get live subtitles on the screen using which they can understand what’s going on in the meeting.
Call Scheduling with Skype
You can even schedule a video conference call with Skype so as to set a reminder for any important meeting that has to be held at a certain time.
To schedule a Skype conference call, here are the steps to be followed:
- Log in to your Skype account and open any of the chats or group chats you want to schedule a call for.
- To initiate a call, click on the ‘Schedule Call’ button shown next to the ‘Compose’ option or you can look for the option in the Add-ins menu.
- The schedule call window will open where you can give a title, date, and time of your call and set a reminder.
- Thereafter, click on ‘Send’ and the remainder will be added to your chat. The participants of the chat can ‘Accept’ or ‘Decline’ the invitation to the scheduled call.
What is the Limit Set by Skype for Conference Call?
Skype group video conference call limit has been lately increased from 25 to 50 participants. With Skype, you can video chat with 50 people for free using any of your devices such as mobile phones, tablets, or computers. So if you want to conduct a meeting with 50 participants, Skype is, undoubtedly, the best choice to make.
All in all, Skype is one of the reliable video conferencing software that is great to use. However, there are other options available as well that do the same job such as the Zoom video conferencing tool. Zoom comes handy when you have to conduct frequent chats and meetings. There may not be any other major difference between the two except the conference call limit. Skype is better for those looking for a comprehensive solution. However, both of them have their advantages and disadvantages, you can choose one that suits your needs.