Many people usually convert their Word documents into PDF files, either for school or for work, and there are several reasons people still perform this process. One would be because there are only a few edits that could be done on a PDF file, which preserves several important aspects of the document such as the format, lettering, and font of the file.
Therefore, the content of the document will not suddenly be altered when opened on a different device which makes PDF files great for printing and file sharing. Hence, there are tools and software that help in converting Word documents to PDF files, such as a Word-to-PDF converter website, as well as Microsoft Word and Google Docs. This article will explain how each method works.
Method One: Using a Word-to-PDF Converter Website such as PDFBear
While using a website to convert Word to PDF is one of the most legitimate ways to perform this task, many people are not aware that it is possible to process this conversion online. Several websites, such as PDFBear, enable users to convert Word documents into PDF files in just a few steps:
- Upload the Word document you wish to be converted by either dragging the file on the website or clicking the “Select File” on the web page.
- The website will then scan your Word document and start the conversion process. Normally, this would take a few minutes to finish.
- After the conversion, you will now be able to download the PDF file of your document.
One of the biggest advantages of using a website to convert Word documents into PDF files is that you can do this anywhere and anytime since websites only need to be loaded on a web browser on either a mobile device or a computer to be accessed. This means that an Android, iOS, MacOS, Chrome OS, Windows, or even Linux user could convert Word documents to PDF files without having to install special software or mobile app.
Another advantage of using a website to convert Word documents to PDF files is that you do not need to create or sign in to an account or even pay to access them. They could be accessed immediately and free of charge in any web browser such as Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, or Safari whenever you are using a mobile device or a computer to convert Word documents to PDF files.
Method Two: Using Microsoft Word
Microsoft Word is one of the most, if not the most widely used word processing software in the market. While it is most commonly used in Windows computers, Microsoft Word can also be downloaded on Android and even iOS devices. Microsoft Word is often used to write documents and then save them in Word format but is also possible to download or even convert Word documents into PDF files and save the file in a different format using the same software.
Suggested Reads: How to spy Facebook messenger without target phone?
Depending on the version of Microsoft Word used along with the platform where the software was installed, there will be differences in the steps on how to convert Word documents into PDF files using this software. But the steps below for converting Word documents to PDF files will apply for Microsoft Word that is installed in Windows computers, regardless of the version of both the software and the operating system:
- Open the Word Document you want to be converted
- After doing the necessary edits, click the File tab.
- When the tab is opened, you may find the “Save As” option
- You may pick the location you wish to save the Document (e.g. Local Drive, a folder, desktop) on the “Save As” screen of Microsoft Word. Alternatively, a pop-up window will appear showing various locations where the Document could be saved.
- No matter which screen shows up, a drop-down menu will be on the bottom of the “Save As” screen or pop-up window. Click the drop-down box and select PDF (.pdf).
- Rename the file, then click the Save button to save these changes.
- Go back to your Word document, and the new PDF file should open after the Word document has been converted.
Method Three: Using Google Docs
Google Docs is another popular word processing software that could either be downloaded as a separate software especially on mobile devices or could be opened on a web browser as a website, such as Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge. Since Google Docs is connected to Google Drive, which is Google’s cloud storage application, it is possible to access Word documents that were saved or uploaded on any computer or mobile device, especially Windows and Android devices.
- First, upload the Word document you want to be converted to Google Drive.
- After that, you may open the Word document using Google Docs.
- Then, click the File tab and then click “Download As.”
- Soon, a drop-down of the list of formats where you could download the file will show up. Select “PDF Document.”
- Finally, a file of the Word document in PDF format will be downloaded to your computer, which you may check after the download process.
Alternatively, you may also upload the Word document to Google Drive and convert it into a Docs file on Google Docs, before downloading it in PDF format. This method works in the Google Drive and/or Google Docs app on an Android device, but this could also be done on a Windows computer.
There are different ways to convert Word documents to PDF files, each with its own advantages or disadvantages. But regardless of the technique chosen, if you are looking for a website that could help you convert Word documents to PDF files easily, quickly, safely, and for free, definitely give PDFBear a try! PDFBear has multiple features that make it possible to swiftly and securely perform this task without requiring any sign-ins or even payments.